Cape Weaver Valley Blend - Merlot, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
Following its discovery by Dutch scouts in 1661, French Huguenots soon planted the first vines in South Africa’s Swartland region.
This ‘Valley Blend’ is a classic combination of Merlot, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet franc which in South Africa’s warm climate produces a rich, full-bodied, velvet-textured wine. Deeply coloured, with concentrated notes of cassis and damson, it has suggestions of dark chocolate on the long, smooth, complex finish.
A South African take on a European classic, this is the perfect accompaniment to traditional roasts such as lamb with mint or rosemary.
|Price||£6 - £8|
- Barone Montalto - Italy
- Bidoli Vini - Italy
- Bodegas Muriel - Spain
- Citrusdal Cellars - South Africa
- Henry's Drive - Australia
- Kingston Estate - Australia
- Marrenon - France
- MGM Mondo del Vino - Italy
- Mosaique Fairtrade Wines - Chile
- Mount Rozier - South Africa
- Piersanti - Italy
- Riebeek Cellars - South Africa
- Santa Helena - Chile
- Sister's Run - Australia
- Swartland Winery - South Africa
- The Grape Grinder - South Africa
- Trizanne Barnard - South Africa